Thanks to Jacquie over at Tallgrass Prairie Studio, my to-do pile has shrunk! I counted EIGHT unfinished objects (UFO's) on November 2nd, and have finished SEVEN of them! I'm quite happy with that! Talk about Joy in the New Year... all I have to work on now is the lap quilt I didn't even start to sew... and baby goodies! Oh, plus the plethora of items I'd love to make for my Etsy shop, but thats nothing urgent.
I tried to get photos of all of my finished items, so lets begin:
1. "Ohio Sky" quilt - gifted to the MacClements Family for Christmas. Finished size is
about 60" x 67" and I learned I hate big wide borders! I think half of the problem was caused by not basting it well enough. So I learned my lesson and will not skimp on the spray baste - my new motto is "spray the heck out of it!" I do love the finished quilt, though.
2. Commissioned Baby Boy Quilt - "Zippy Cars" Baby Rylan Andrew arrived a few weeks early so I had to get on the ball and finish this quilt in a hurry! More info on Zippy Cars here. Finished size is approximately 48" square.
3. Wonky Stroller Quilt I tried to use up some scraps I've been saving of Amy Butler's Lotus fabric... and I somewhat succeeded. Three wonky squares surrounded by Orange Full Moon Polka Dots. My favorite part? PEBBLE QUILTING! More info and photos of this quilt here. Measures about 28"x29"... and listed in my Etsy Shop.
(And my first try at applique - three dots on the back! I do love it!)
4. Great Grandma's Log Cabin Quilt Gifted to Grandma & Grandpa Wilson on Christmas Eve 2009. Its BIG - I mean its about 92" by 96"... massive in my opinion! I quilted it using a simple straight line quilting, cross-hatch style. I backed and bound it in Joel Dewberry's Chestnut Hill which I thought looked kind of vintage-y and worked well with the other blues in top. Also, Justin's parents and a couple other family members bought this wonderful Amish-made quilt rack and presented it on Christmas Eve to the Grandparents. A perfect match!
5. Pink Granny Square Blankie I've had these squares finished for some time, but never got around to crocheting them together until last week. Its about 25" square and will soon be in my Etsy shop. I used my new favorite front/back post double crochet stitch to trim it out - and I think it works! More info on said stitch here. The pinks are hard to photograph against the white so hopefully you get the gist of it. I'll take better photos outside later.
6. 30 Cloth Baby Wipes. Since I'll be using cloth diapers, why not use cloth wipes too? Saves from making a trip to the trash can while changing diapers. Orange flannel cut into 5" squares, stitched, flipped out, ironed, top stitched, done!
7. Orange Birdie Receiving Blanket For our little guy who should arrive sometime around March 30th. I found this Valori Wells flannel at my LQS and just had to have it! Hmm, I haven't measured it yet but should be perfect for swaddling a new bundle of joy~
So there we have it! I'm quite happy to have all these items completed and in their proper homes. Now, just to start/finish the quilt that got away from me.... before baby arrives, oh yes, I think so!
And to ring in 2010 I want to say THANK YOU for stopping by my blog, and all those kind comments! I now have over 120 followers! How? I have no idea... but I've really enjoyed sharing my thoughts and life with you. Yes, you!
Hazel is probably the reason I've gotten almost 25,000 hits.... yes, I'm sure of it!